Stars - 3 and a Half.
* Next door to a Toby Carvery, Excellent Food served throughout the day, and Carvery style breakfast (go back as many times as you like) in the morning. Cheap as Chips too.
* Short driving distance to Chester City Centre for Tourist Attractions
* Short driving distance to Cheshire Oaks for Outlet Shopping and the Colliseum for Restaurants and Nightlife.
* If you book in advance can get it for a really reasonable price, we paid £39 per night and that was just right.
* It has just been taken over by Travelodge, it used to be owned by Innkeepers Lodge, it does need some cosmetic updating but for comfort and space we couldnt complain.
* We were given a pillow each, and when asked at reception for some more pillows and towels (we werent given any for L) we were told there wasnt anymore due to there being a lot of families staying over that night. Now I can understand the pillows maybe, but no towels? Seriously?
*We were staying in a "family" room, so therefore you would expect it to be child friendly, there were no plug socket covers, tables were low and just the right height for L to walk into, the spare bed was situated underneath the window, which is no good if you want some air in the night, the children will freeze.
* The bathroom tiles were falling off the wall under the sink unit.
Overall Review -
We would stay here again, but wouldnt pay more than £30 per night for it. Or even better book to stay when they have their super saver deals on or sales.
The Toby Carvery was very Toddler friendly and the staff there were lovely and at £5 before 7pm or £7 afterwards it was a bargain.
Accomodation Details -